Friday, September 23, 2011

A Response to Evelyn Rosa’s Post

Hey Everyone! Today, I'm going to be responding to Evelyn Rosa’s Post! So I hope you like this!
So this summer I've had new experiences and many obstacles to pass though.
I had MANY experiences during my summer before senior year, but I didn’t really have obstacles to pass. One of my many experiences was getting the chance to leave the United States. When I mean “leave”, I don’t mean Canada or Mexico. That doesn’t count because they are just above or below the United States. I’ve been to both, and I don’t really consider them “leaving”, even though I am TECHNICALLY leaving. So what I meant by “leaving” was going to EUROPE. I went to Europe for like two weeks and it was amazing! I was on a cruise in the Mediterranean and I had the best time of my life! The only problem was that it was hot ALL THE TIME. But it was a great experience because it gave me a chance to go out and explore the world. I got to experience the different foods and cultures from the other side of the world! I will never forget this trip. I hope that one day I will be able to go back.

Another experience I had this summer was getting the chance to shadow nurses. Usually I volunteer at this clinic and help out to earn community service hours, but this year I was finally able to shadow the nurses. It was a real eye-opener for me because I am really interested in health and clinical services, so when I shadowed the nurses this summer, I was really happy and excited. I got to learn how to check for hemoglobin, glucose, and hemoglobin A1C. I got to watch pregnancy tests and how the nurse handled telling the patient the good or bad news. When summer ended, I was really sad, but I was also happy too because I would be starting my physiology class. Taking physiology makes me happy because it will take me one step closer in achieving my dream of being a nurse, but other                                                                      people say I should be a doctor instead.

That’s it for this post! Please join me next week and find out who I will be responding to next! Hope you liked this post! See you soon! Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment