Friday, September 9, 2011

Gladiator-School Ruins Unveiled in Austria

Hey Everyone! This is my first Current Events Post, so tell me how I do! I suck/hate writing about current events, but I'll do my best! I already wrote two this week, so one more should be easy right? -_____-
Well, I better get use to writing about current events because I'm going to have to write three of them each week for the whole year :( Anyway, here's the first event I'm going to be talking about:

The reason why I chose this to write about is because this talks about the Gladiators and the Roman Coliseum, and I was just there in July! That’s right, I was at the Roman Coliseum and the pictures I took are right at the bottom of this post. It was so cool! I mean, it’s one thing to see it on TV or in the movies, but it’s a completely different feeling when you go see it in person. Now, back to the story. This story talks about the gladiator school that was found in Austria. It was found east to the capital, Vienna. After watching this, I was like, “It’s weird that they found a gladiator school in Austria, but it’s so cool that they were able to use radar technology to get a computer simulation of what the school used to look like in the third century. Since it’s a school, it was probably used to get people ready to fight in the coliseum in Rome.

When I was at the coliseum in Rome, I saw something like a maze below. I thought that it would be fun to play down there, but then I thought about how it must be easy for the lions to find its prey and how hard it was for the gladiator to escape from the lion and kill it. Now, I’m known for having bad memory, especially when it comes to anything related to history, so don’t mind me if I’m completely wrong about this: I remember my tour  guide saying something about how the whole place was flooded with blood. Just thinking about that creeps me out. Are they the lions’ blood, or the gladiators’ blood? Now I really don’t want to play down there lol.

OK, that’s it for this week! I made it through my first week of blogging! Let’s see how long I can keep this up. Well, I hope you guys enjoyed my posts so far, and see you next week! Until then, see ya!












Hey! My step-dad is in this pic! lol

2 comments: