Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 1: Barcelona, Spain


            Hey Everyone! I’m back and this is my second free post. Today, I want to talk about my Mediterranean cruise in July with my mom, step-dad, half-sister, sister, and grandparents. I left on July 7th and was basically traveling all the way until the 8th. I first had to fly to from San Francisco to Chicago, and make a transfer to Madrid. Madrid’s airport was HUGE, and they had the CLEANEST restrooms ever. I just walked right in, and I was like, “Whoa”. It literally looked like it was from a 5 star resort or something. But anyway, from Madrid, I had to fly to Barcelona, and we took a shuttle to our hotel.

I HATED that hotel. When my mom went to get our rooms, she FORGOT that we had SEVEN people, not SIX, so they had just enough beds for SIX people. Guess who had to sleep in the bed with the grandparents. That’s right, me. I was like, “Hell no!” So I slept in a very uncomfortable chair all night. But before that, we went out sightseeing and took some pictures. The pictures I took were on facebook. I wasn’t really in many pictures because it was hot and nobody wanted to help me take a picture. If I’m your friend on facebook, then you probably either saw them already, or you don’t really care. So Barcelona was cool. There were a lot of monuments there. So we ate dinner there and took the last bus back to the hotel.

The Disney Magic Cruise Ship
When we got back, my mom tried to plug her laptop into the wall. You know how the outlets are different in Europe, and that if you go, you need to bring the special adapter. So my mom, she brought the adapter, but when she looked at the outlet, she thought, “It looks similar enough. I think I don’t need it.” So she plugged it right in. Guess what happened. It sparked and blew the power out. It probably blew the power out of the whole hotel because the electricity in my room was out too. Yeah, so you could say that I had a bad experience there. So after that, we went to sleep in our comfortable beds. Well MOST of us. I had the luxury of sleeping in my COMFORTABLE chair. The next day, we woke up, got ready, and dragged our suitcases for a couple of hours in Barcelona, trying to find the bus that will take us to the port so we can board our Disney Cruise for an 11-night Mediterranean Cruise.



So that’s it for today. Next week I’ll tell you about my first day on the Disney Magic. Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment