Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Journal Of Chloe Saunders (Part 2)


Hey everyone! Welcome back. Hope you liked part 1 from last week. Today, I am writing about part 2. I hope you like this post too!


Now I am almost 15, and I never saw another “boogey man illusion” since them. My mother died soon after that, and my dad is always away on business trips, so now, I’m always stuck at home with a nanny. This gave me another reason for keeping my talisman safe, because when I hold it, it reminds me of my parents and how much fun we had when we were together.

Recently though, I’ve been having dreams about what happened 10 years ago. I would always wake up sweating, fall back asleep, and find the same dream right where I left off.

Today, my nanny woke me up from my reoccurring nightmare because I overslept and if I didn’t wake up now, I would be late for school. I got ready in record time and made it to school right when the bell rang. I didn’t have time to go to my locker, so I went to my first period class and asked her if I could go to my locker. Luckily she is so lenient on that kind of stuff.

While I was walking to my locker, I saw a janitor walking around. His back was to me so he probably didn’t know I was there. He looks like a new janitor because I never seen him before. I continued to walk, ignoring him.

I got to my locker, opened it and all my stuff fell out. I cursed and started picking my stuff up. I put everything back in my locker, made sure it wouldn’t fall again, got what I needed, and closed the locker.

When I turned around, I saw the janitor standing right behind. I thought, “How did he get here so fast? He was all the way at the end of the hall. The only way he could’ve made it here was if he ran, but I would’ve heard his footsteps. I was sure there weren’t any footsteps.” As I was thinking, I looked up at his face, and froze from shock. His face looked like it was sitting in a pit of fire burning. His face was deformed and black. One part of his face had so much burned flesh; you could see his skull underneath.

I started running as fast as I could, screaming my head off. I could hear the janitor yelling at me, “Chloe Saunders, get back over here! I need a favor from you!”

I continued to run and scream. I was sure the whole school could hear me. I saw people staring at me and I wondered, “Why aren’t they helping? They see a deformed janitor chasing me and all they’re doing is watching? Some are even laughing.” I was so angry, I flipped them the finger.

I’m also wondering how that janitor knew my name. I know for sure I never seen him before. I kept running, looking for somewhere to hide. I went upstairs (I know, stupid. Who, would run Upstairs when getting chased by a, what should I call him, a zombie?), found an empty room, went in and hid.

After a while, I decided to try to sneak out the window. As I was opening the window, the principle and some teachers came in. Mr. Sanchez knocked me down and I was screaming, “Why are you attacking ME?” I looked over at the door and saw the janitor. I started screaming, “Don’t tackle me, get the janitor!”

I looked over again and he was gone. I let out a breath and turned my head toward the ceiling. Wrong move. The janitor was standing over me. He asked, “Now will you shut up and listen to me?”

I started screaming again. The teachers started trying to put me on a stretcher. They strapped me down and started rolling me away towards the ambulance out in the parking lot.

“Don’t take her away! I need to talk to her. She’s the only one I can go to”

I looked toward the voice and saw the janitor screaming at the teachers. The teachers acted like he wasn’t even there. While they were rolling my out, I saw students from every class watching, laughing, some even felt sorry for me. When I finally got in the ambulance, they drugged me so I would stop struggling under the straps and hurt myself.

The last thing I remember thinking as I drifted off into a dreamless sleep was, “Is he a ghost or is he a “boogey man illusion” (even though I don’t believe in the boogey man any more)? And why isn’t my talisman working?” The next thing I know, sleep has finally taken over.



That’s it for this week! Come back next week to see what happens Chloe. Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment