Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Book Review #2-Wild Magic by: Tamora Pierce


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
TODAY I AM 15 1/2! I CAN FINALLY GET MY PERMIT! NOT. I CAN ONLY GET MY PERMIT IF I HAVE STRAIT A'S. T.T


Hey everyone! Here is my second letter to Grant about part 2 of the book we're reading. I understand that Grant said my summary was way too long. I know, I suck at summaries, but I am the best at reading. Give me a book, and if I like it, I'll be done in a day or two. If I love the book, I'll read all night without any sleep, but feel horrible the next day. The parts I like about in books is the middle because that's where all the exciting parts are. The ending, it kinda slows down a little and it either has a happy ending or a sad ending. Or the ones that I hate that says, "To be continued", until the next book comes out and I'll be happy again. The beginnings are the worst. All they do is explain about the characters or tell the readers what happened in the previous book that I feel like putting the book back down. But I learned that if you read up until about 100 pages, then you'll find whether you should put the book down or keep reading. With Wild Magic, I read all night not putting the book down. The beginning was actually OK. I just blasted right through the book.

The part I liked the most about part two would be when they arrived to Tortall and traveled with the Queen's Rider's Trainees to Pirate's Swoop, home to the King's Champion and The Lioness, Alanna, and the Baron of Pirate's Swoop, George Cooper. During this time, Daine had just learned about her powers as a magelet, her nickname Numair gave her as her teacher in the study of Wild Magic. She finally accepts the fact that she has magic running through her veins. Throughout their journey to Pirate's Swoop, Daine has grown in size and has learned to control her powers. They also ran into other immortals, good and bad.

That's what I like about part 2. I hope part three is as much fun to read as part 2 was. That's all I have for you folks. Tune in later to read my weekly blog post. Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment