Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Alaskan Cruise 2009 Part 3:Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska (Scenic Cruising)


Hi everyone! Thanks for coming back and reading part 3 of The Alaskan Cruise. My next stop after Skagway is Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska, but all we do is stand outside on the ship and look at a big wall of ice, so after I spent an hour or so looking at ice, I went to the ping-pong table and made some new friends. We played for a little bit before I went to the buffet to eat with my family. After eating, my cousins and I went back to our rooms to change into our swimsuits.

The pool there is awesome because since the ship is moving, we get waves in the pool. It was funny watching my uncle swim with my cousins clinging to him. It must have been hard for him since the waves were big. After swimming for a while, my step-dad, Joseph, called me out of the pool because there were whales out in the water. When I got to the window, all I saw was water splashing, I didn't see any part of the whale. My aunt, Kimberly, recorded the whole thing, but when we played it, we didn't even see the water splashing. After the whales were gone, we went back to the pool to swim. My uncle was still pulling my cousins around. When we were done swimming, we went over to the ice cream stand to get some ice cream. It was delicious! One of the things I like about a cruise is the free food.

When we were done with our ice cream, we went back to our staterooms to take a shower and get ready for dinner. On a cruise ship, everyone gets a specific time, place, and table for dinner. Our dinner time just happens to be the first one of the day, so we have to get ready early if we want to eat anything. If we do miss our dinner, we could go to the 24 hour buffet. One of the things I hate about a cruise, is the formal nights. during those nights, we have to dress up for dinner. If we don't, then we can't eat unless we go to the buffet, but I can live with that. Even though I hate the formal nights, I would still rather have every day a formal night as long as I don't have to see my mom. I could do anything I want on the ship because I can't go anywhere but stay on the ship, so my mom doesn't care.

After dinner, all I did was hang out, so that's all I did during my 3rd day on my Alaskan Cruise. I hope you liked it. Please come back and read about my next stop in Ketchikan, Alaska, next week. Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment