Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Alaskan Cruise 2009 Part 1:Juneau, Alaska

Before I begin my story, I would like to say,"TODAY'S MY 15TH BIRTHDAY!" Thank you! I hope you like my story.

During the week of August 15th, my family and I went on a cruise in Alaska. We went from Seattle, Washington to Juneau, Alaska. We spent our time by going on a bus ride to see a salmon hatchery and the glaciers. It was so cool, we saw a wall of ice. On our way back to the cruise, our bus driver was telling us stories. One of the stories was about his first tour group. When they were leaving the salmon hatchery, he remembered he didn't do a head count at the beginning of the tour, so he asked everybody if they had everybody in their party like 5 or 6 times and they all said yes, so he started the car and left. He was half way back to the cruise, when he gets a call from the hatchery and they told him he left a lady behind, so he turned around and drove back to get her. On his way back, he felt so depressed and sorry that he was trying to think of a way to apologize, but when he gets there, the lady used every, I mean every swear word in the book. When she was finished, she stomped right up to the very back of the bus, and guess who she sat next to. HER HUSBAND. He was telling her the whole way back that he "tried" to stop the bus, but nobody listened. When they finally get to the cruise, the bus driver tried to apologize again, but the lady walked right past him. Guess who came out of the bus last. HER HUSBAND. When he got off the bus, he had the most mischievous smile on his face. He went right up to the bus driver and said, "Thank you for the best 30 minutes of my life". Then he gave him $20 and walked off. The other stories he told us, I will save for next time, so I hope you liked it. Please come back and read about my next stop in Skagway, Alaska, next week. Until then, see ya!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, belatedly! :)

    My first suggestion: try to break your writing down into paragraphs...it will be much easier for your readers to follow.

    Next week, write your post in a google doc first, then share it with me so I can help you with this. If you need help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete