Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Alaskan Cruise 2009 Part 2:Skagway, Alaska


Hi everyone! Thanks for coming back and reading part 2 of The Alaskan Cruise. My next stop after Juneau is Skagway, Alaska. This is where I went on a train ride to see all of the amazing places. I think it was 3 hours long, but before we got onto the train, we headed into town to check out the place because we might not get enough time after the train ride. When we got into town, we saw a police woman standing by a train. When we got closer, we saw that the train was derailed. Luckily, no one was injured. The police woman said her job was to direct people away from the train. Since the train was stuck between the town and the road, she had to lead us towards a safer route to get in and out of town. Once we got into the town, we walked for a half hour, then went back towards the train. When we got to the derailed train, we saw another train pulling the derailed train out of the way. When they were done, we went and boarded our train. Through out the train ride, my cousins were playing and running all over the place. I feel sorry for my 3 year old cousin, Joshua. He was running with his sisters and hit his tooth on something hard. he chipped his tooth and started crying. My grandparents were on the train to as well as my great aunt. It was so funny watching them sleep through out the train ride. We called it the $500 Senior Sleepover. My mom got so mad because she paid so much for them to be on the train just to fall asleep. I don't remember this train ride that well because it wasn't that much fun because the funniest moment spent on the train was watching my grandparents sleep. Since I don't want to bore you to death, I will just end my story now. I hope you liked it. Please come back and read about my next stop in Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska (Scenic Cruising), next week. Until then, see ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,next month I will visit Skaggway in Alaska Cruise.Could you tell me where is this sign,Welcome to Skagway,im an amator passionate photograph,and I want to put it on my list.Thanks

    ReplyDelete