Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quickwrite: Blog Writing Group


I would like to have some ideas about what to write about on my weekly blog post from my peers. The one problem I have is not writing the minimum amount of words, but finding a topic. Once I find a topic I like, I can easily start writing, if I have knowledge of the topic and understand it well. What I cannot contribute to my peers is my opinion on a subject or proofreading their blog because I have no idea what to say and their writing styles might be different than mine. I can recommend some books I read in the past, but I'm not sure if they'll like it. Tamora Pierce's books are really good. I liked the Eragon Quartet, The Percy Jackson Series, I can't wait for the second series. Eon was good, can't wait for Eona. There are other books out there that I liked but can't name them all, so just ask me if you want to hear them.

I think it is more important to write with friends because you need to be able to be comfortable with sharing your ideas, and your friends are people you can be comfortable with. Your friends are the people who you go to when you need help. If your feeling down, you can tell them so they can help. They are like family, you can tell them anything you want.

Some of the rules I think would help the group is that if people don't want to share their ideas or thoughts on a subject, then they don't have to. We can encourage them to share, but we can't force them. If they want to share, then we should listen and not disrespect them by distracting people while they're talking. We should respect whatever choice they make. If someone needs help, then we should help them to the best of our abilities. You should treat them like your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment